Here’s a few places I work on a regular basis. However, variety is the spice of life so… I can work wherever you want.
The Whelping Box Studio
>>> Stay tuned for some announcements here… the studio is being reborn! <<<
The Whelping Box is my home studio. It’s a (very) cozy spot to nurture nascent ideas. I mix a lot here and do some overdubs although, I have done whole recordings here as well. It started as a way to allow me to mix in my pajamas. It’s also a way to get bands some more mix/overdub time for their money. Nothing sucks more than trying to be creative and work stuff out while watching the clock.
- Protools 11, Plugins by Waves, SoundToys, Kush Audio, Abbey Road, Plugin Alliance and Softube.
- Dynaudio and Auratone-esque (Behritone) monitors, Dangerous Monitor ST.
- Rupert Neve, Classic Audio Products of Illinois and Universal Audio and Hamptone Mic Pre-amplifiers.
- Rupert Neve and Crane Song tube EQ’s
- A handful of nice mics including a vintage AKG C 414 B – ULS, Bock Audio iFet, Royer 121, Sennheiser 441, Placid Audio Carbonphone, EV 635A, etc…
- Lynx Aurora 16 converter
- Rascal Audio Analogue Tonebuss
- API 2500 Buss Compressor
- 1960’s Ampeg SB-12, 1967 Gibson GA-5 Skylark, and Mesa Boogie Studio .22+ amps.
- Moog SubPhatty, Microkorg, Casio SK-1, etc.
- An ever changing collection of great basses and guitars.